Directions for faculty to e-mail your class through MIX
Most faculty appreciate the ease that they can e-mail just one student or the entire class. Follow these directions to complete that task.
- Log in to MIX.
- Select the tab, “My Courses.”
- Click the link at the top of the page on My Courses that says, “Click here.”
- Select the class that you want to e-mail.
- Select “E-mail the class.”
- Check the box as to whether you want to e-mail the entire class or just a few students.
- Select the button in the upper right-hand corner that says, “Send e-mail.”
- Compose your e-mail.
- Choose the option, “Keep a copy of the sent e-mail.”
- Click “Send.”
The session timeout for MIX is set to 30 minutes due to information security guidelines. To allow for any longer than this is a security risk. If you are timing out more quickly than 30 minutes, call the HelpDesk at 304-293-4444 because spyware on your machine or antivirus settings may be causing you to have a time out issue. If you are writing a lengthy letter to your class, it would be wise to compose it in a word processing program and then copy and paste it into MIX.
You may want to consider adding an attachment into your e-campus course instead of e-mailing it to students.